Method of Disclosure
The IOHS Financial Aid Office (FAO) provides information through various channels, including publications such as the schools financial aid brochure, Web sites, Moddle student portal, e-mails and catalogs (electronic and print). The IOHS office e-mails a variety of important information to the student’s primary e-mail address. The Financial Aid Office (FAO) will use this as the primary means for contacting students. The FAO uses the IOHS portal page, and Web site to notify students of any targeted or general announcements. Students may find other consumer information topics throughout the IOHS website.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. & 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. The law applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education. As a result, schools cannot release student’s information, including the fact that they are undocumented, except under very specific circumstances, such as a court order. For more information about what can be released about students and the campus policy statement, please refer to the Privacy Rights of Student’s Educational Record on the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act homepage.
When do FERPA rights begin?
A student’s FERPA rights begin when the student registers and attends his/her first class.
AB 540 requires that schools keep student information confidential. A student’s immigration status cannot and will not be reported to U.S. Department of Homeland Security .
Student Financial Aid Information
- Net Price Calculator
- Assistance available from Federal, State, Local and Institutional Programs
- Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations
- Rights and Responsibilities of Financial Aid Recipients
- Information and Counseling for Federal Student Loan Programs
- Code of Conduct for Student Loans
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Return to Title IV Funds Federal Refund Policy
- Contact information for financial aid and admissions staff members
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- HIPPA Rules for the Professional
- College Navigator Website
- Facilities and Services available to Students with Disabilities
- Student Body Diversity – – College Navigator Website
- Cost of Attendance
- Transfer of Credit Policies and Articulation Agreements
- Textbook Information
- Academic Programs Information
- Institutional and Program Accreditations
- Voter Registration
- Copyright Infringement Policies and Sanctions
Health and Safety
- Vaccinations Policies
- Campus Safety and Security Information
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Policy
- Title IX Educational Act
- Retention/Graduation Rates – College Navigator Website
- Career related services and resources for students and alumni
Disclosure Requirements Relating to Educational Loans